Once the decision is made to separate a business away from an individual and make it a corporation, it is essential to keep these assets apart. Law Office of Adam Jay Jaffe is here to help you keep business assets a part of the business and your personal assets your own. As a business owner, you have put a lot on the line. You have worked hard to get where you are; and we want to ensure that no one takes that away from you.
As a sole proprietorship or general partnership, you are personally liable for all business debts even if your partner(s) authorized or incurred those debts without your knowledge. This includes business loans, taxes, and debts to vendors, clients, landlords, and judgments from lawsuits. If there is not enough money in the business to pay these debts, creditors can, and almost certainly will, go after your personal assets.
By forming a corporation, LLC, or similar business entity, we can help you create and maintain a legal shield that significantly protects you and your personal assets from lawsuits, creditors, and other legal disputes.
Because your business and legal needs are unique, consult with legal counsel as soon as possible. As an experienced full-service law firm, Law Office of Adam Jay Jaffe can provide you with the following services, and more, for one low fee (in most cases, $1,500 or less):
• Business structure comparison and legal entity options; C Corp, S Corp, LLC, LLP etc.;
• Verification of availability and proper business name filing;
• Creation and filing of necessary business documents, such as articles, disclosure statements, bylaws, and partnership agreements;
• Official corporate seal, binder and corporate governance documents with custom membership, partnership, or stock certificates of ownership;
• Further guidance to aid in separating corporate and personal assets
Because as your business grows, so do your liabilities. To learn more about business formation laws, your options, contact us right away at (619) 810-7964 or email us.